Adding an advanced insulation system is necessary to achieve optimal building performance. Spray foam insulation can maximize a buyer’s investment by sealing the building envelope. This prevents the conditioned indoor air from escaping and prevents unconditioned air from entering a home. This air exchange into and out of the home is a leading cause of escalated energy bills.
What is Closed Cell Spray Foam
Closed Cell Spray Foam is a high density/lower yield polyurethane foam. Because of its closed cell structure it is highly impermeable to moisture. These traits make Closed Cell Spray Foam useful in commercial, agricultural and industrial applications where the foam may be prone to damage from exposure to equipment, occupants, or the elements. This product can be covered with many types of coatings to achieve the finished appearance you are looking for in your project. Closed cell foam is often applied in lieu of a vinyl-faced fiberglass insulation system, providing a better insulated structure with a great finished appearance.
Open Cell Foam, Closed Cell Foam, Which Should I Choose?
Spray Foam Features and Benefits
· R-3.8 per inch with open cell foam
· High performance and lower cost with open cell foam
· R-6.8 per inch with closed cell
· High performance in tight spaces and applications which require an exposed spray foam with closed cell foam
· Both foams can be painted in exposed applications for a finished appearance